Forex cards have become popular among travelers for their convenience and ease of use. They are prepaid cards that can be loaded with multiple currencies and used for transactions abroad. Apart from travel expenses, forex cards can also be used for online shopping, including on Amazon.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use a forex card on Amazon:
Step 1: Check if your forex card is enabled for online transactions
Before making a purchase on Amazon, you need to ensure that your forex card is enabled for online transactions. Some forex cards may have restrictions on online transactions or may require additional activation. Check with your card issuer or bank for any such requirements.
Step 2: Add your forex card to your Amazon account
To make a purchase on Amazon using your forex card, you need to add it to your Amazon account. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Log in to your Amazon account.
2. Go to the “Your Account” section and select “Payment options.”
3. Click on “Add a payment method” and select “Credit/Debit/ATM card.”
4. Enter the card details, including the card number, expiry date, and CVV code.
5. Click on “Add your card.”
Step 3: Select the forex card as your payment option
Once you have added your forex card to your Amazon account, you can use it as a payment option. Here’s how:
1. Add the items you wish to purchase to your cart.
2. Go to your cart and click on “Proceed to checkout.”
3. Select your delivery address and click on “Continue.”
4. Under the “Payment method” section, select your forex card as the payment option.
5. Enter the amount you wish to pay using the forex card.
6. Click on “Continue.”
Step 4: Confirm your payment
Once you have selected your forex card as the payment option, you need to confirm the payment. Here’s how:
1. Review your order summary and click on “Place your order.”
2. You will be redirected to the payment gateway of your forex card issuer.
3. Enter the OTP or password sent to your registered mobile number or email ID.
4. Click on “Submit.”
5. You will receive a confirmation message from Amazon and your forex card issuer.
Step 5: Check your transaction history
After completing the purchase on Amazon using your forex card, it’s essential to check your transaction history. You can do this by logging in to your forex card account or by checking your transaction statement. Make sure that the amount debited from your forex card matches the amount charged by Amazon.
Tips to keep in mind while using a forex card on Amazon
1. Check the exchange rate before making a purchase: Forex cards may have different exchange rates for different currencies. Check the exchange rate offered by your forex card issuer before making a purchase on Amazon.
2. Keep track of your forex card balance: Forex cards have a set limit on the amount that can be loaded. Make sure to keep track of your balance to avoid any declined transactions.
3. Check the refund policy: In case of any issues with the purchase, check Amazon’s refund policy and your forex card issuer’s refund policy.
In conclusion, using a forex card on Amazon is a simple and convenient way to make online purchases while traveling abroad. Make sure to check the terms and conditions of your forex card issuer and Amazon before making a purchase.