How do we use any collected personal information?
Forex Academy may use personal information for the following purposes:
– To verify your identity and establish and manage your account.
– As part of providing Forex Academy services, or information about our services, to you, we will need to verify your identify to set you up as a customer and we will need to use those details in order to effectively manage your account with us to ensure that you are getting the best possible service from us.
– To provide you with products and services, or information about our products and services, and to review your needs. Once you open an account with Forex Academy, or subscribe to an update or webinar, we will need to use your personal information to perform our services and comply with our obligations to you.
– To help Forex Academy to improve our products and services, including customer services, and develop and market new products and services. Forex Academy may from time to time use personal information provided by you through your use of the services and/or through customer surveys to help us improve our products and services.
– To form a profile about you. Forex Academy may from time to time use personal information about you to form profiles about you so that we can understand your needs and provide the best services we can.
– To investigate or settle inquiries or disputes. Forex Academy may need to use personal information collected from you to investigate issues and/or settle disputes with you as it is in our best interest to ensure that issues and/or disputes are investigated and resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
– To comply with applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of any applicable regulatory authorities.
Forex Academy may need to use your personal information to comply with applicable law, court order or other judicial process, or the requirements of any applicable regulatory authority.
– To send you surveys. From time to time, Forex Academy may send you surveys as part of our customer feedback process. We may from time to time also ask you to participate in other surveys and if you agree to participate in such surveys, we rely on your consent to use the personal information we collect as part of such survey. All responses to any survey we send out whether for customer feedback or otherwise will be aggregated and depersonalized before survey results are shared with any third-party.
Forex Academy web pages and e-mails may contain web beacons or pixel tags or any other similar type of data analysis tools which allow us to track receipt of correspondence and to count the number of users that have visited our web page or opened our correspondence. Where your personal information is completely anonymous, Forex Academy does not require a legal basis as the information will no longer constitute personal information. In instances where your personal information is not in an anonymous, it is in our best interest to continually evaluate that personal information to ensure that the products and services we provide are relevant to the market.
Forex Academy may use your personal information to send you marketing communications via email, telephone, or other agreed form of communication (including social media campaigns) to ensure that you are always kept up to date with Forex Academy’s latest products and services. Where we send you marketing communications, we will either do so as it is in our best interest or with your consent.
Internal Business and Record Keeping
Forex Academy may need to process your personal information for internal business and research purposes and record keeping purposes. This type of processing is in our own legitimate interests and is required in order to comply with our legal obligations. This may include any communications that Forex Academy has with you in relation to the services that we provide to you and our relationship with you. Forex Academy will also keep records to ensure that you comply with your obligations under any contract you have entered with us.
Should Forex Academy undergo a corporate restructure or part, or all business is acquired by a third-party, we may need to use your personal information in association with that restructure or acquisition. Such use may involve disclosing your details as part of a due diligence exercise.
Personal Information We Retain
The information about any rights that might be available to you in relation to the personal information that Forex Academy holds about you is set out below.
If requested, we will confirm whether Forex Academy is processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
If the personal information that Forex Academy holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it corrected. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the updates, where possible. If you ask Forex Academy, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
You can ask Forex Academy to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable) provided that we have no legal obligation to retain that data. Such request will be subject to any retention limits we are required to comply with in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the erasure where possible. If requested, where possible and lawful to do so, Forex Academy will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
You can ask Forex Academy to block or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or object to us processing it. It will not stop Forex Academy from storing your personal information though. We will tell you before we lift any restriction. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the restriction where possible. If requested, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided Forex Academy with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or ask us to transfer this to a third-party of your choice.
You can ask Forex Academy to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
– Relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing
– Processing your personal information for direct marketing
– Processing your personal information for research unless such processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Automated Decisions & Profiling
If Forex Academy has made a decision about you based solely on an automated process that affects your ability to use the services or has another significant effect on you, you can ask us to not to be subject to such a decision unless we can demonstrate to you that such decision is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and Forex Academy. Even where a decision is necessary for entering into or performing a contract, you may contest the decision and require human intervention.